There were two goals for this project... Install a set of smaller "low beam" LED lights and install a Wolo air horn that I had laying around in the garage.
First, I wanted to install a new set of much smaller LED lights (because the large ones are not ok for road use). Second, I had a brand new Wolo air horn kicking around that I was going to use in a previous project but I ended up going a different route and didn't use it. Therefore, because of so many people keep nearly running me off the road because they can't seem to see me well, I decided to get it installed in the buggy.
Here are the exact parts that I purchased for this project:
This project included the following tasks:
- Decide the best location for the horn and compressor that is in front of the driver and out of the way
- Drilled mounting holes in the aluminum floor plate and installed the air horn and compressor
- Installed the new push-button switch into the center console
- Ran positive (+) wire from the switch to the horn location
- Ran an extra short ground wire from the horn to the chassis tubing
- Moved existing large LED lights back towards the windshield to make room for the small pods in very front
- Ran wiring from existing light switch in center console to new LED pods at front of buggy
- Mounted new small LED light pods at the top of the front shock towers