Now that the buggy was more comfortable and fit two adults much better, I needed new lights for after dark and a set of side mirrors to keep an eye on traffic.
I found a great deal on a set of 6" round Anzo LED off road lights at a local O'Reilly Autoparts and then ordered a set of side mirrors from amazon. Although I was installing these large Anzo lights, I knew that they would not be legal for "low beam" highway use so I was still in search of another set for another project date later on.
Here are the parts I purchased:
This project included the following tasks:
- Remove existing headlights and all wiring
- Install wiring harness and new relay into dash console
- Connect relay to existing off/on switch
- Ran new wire from console to light locations at front of buggy
- Mounted new lights
- Installed side mirrors and adjusted properly
- NOTE: I added some rubber spacing to account for the fact that the mirrors are made for larger diameter tubing