I have been battling running issues with random spitting and spuddering and fuel running down into the engine oil. It was time to install a brand new carburetor.
I tried troubleshoting the running problems every way I could and even replaced the mechanical fuel pump in an attempt to solve the fuel in the oil issue, with no success. Therefore, I really didn't have any other choice but to go ahead and install a brand new carburetor. At the same time, I decided to replace the old air cleaner assembly because the old one was damaged.
Here are the parts that I purchased for this project:
- EMPI Single Stage Air Cleaner Assembly, 10" Dia, 2-1/16" Inlet
- FRAM CA148 (or STP SA148) Air Filter
- Solex H30/31 PICT Carburetor
This project included the following tasks:
- Remove old air cleaner assembly
- Disconnect throttle cable
- Remove old carburetor
- Install new carburetor
- Re-connect throttle cable and tune
- Install new aluminum air cleaner assembly